Monday 28 November 2016

HALLOWEEN WEEKEND


If you follow me on Instagram, (if not then you should be) you’ll know that I bake something almost every weekend, Halloween weekend was no exception of course but with GBBO having inspired me to challenge myself a little more, I decided to try and make something i’ve never made before! 

Chocolate webs!

I’d seen a load of things using piped chocolate on Pinterest lately and as i’m currently really enjoying learning how to pipe, I thought i’d give it a go. I used a tube of white chocolate buttons (You know the ones that come out for Christmas) and melted them in the microwave for just under a minute. Having never done this before I was a little worried that the chocolate was just going to run straight out of the nozzle but it was thicker that I first thought and I swear it went on forever!! I managed to make so many little webs and spiders from just one tube of chocolate!



We actually used a slightly different sponge mixture for these ones which, to me, looked a bit like a muffin mixture at first (and I can’t bake muffins.. at all). I’ll leave the recipe here for the cakes themselves. I’m so happy with how they turned out, for a first attempt anyway!

My friends and I obviously all went out on Saturday night for halloween, we didn’t venture far and just stayed at our usual hangout. I have to admit that I didn’t make much of an effort in terms of costume though, instead I opted for an all black glittery mess!

You can't see it, but there's so much glitter!

My brother and I have only been carving pumpkins for the last 3 years but it’s become something of a tradition now.

Let me tell you, trying to carve a pumpkin whilst you’re feeling pretty fragile from the night before is horrific. I hate the smell of pumpkin at the best of times so the smell of it when you’re a tad hungover is a million times worse! I like to make an effort with my pumpkins, I’m not one for going with a standard triangle eyed face - I prefer to go for something a bit more challenging. I’d initially planned to try and carve a zombie out of it but quickly realised that was maybe too much of a challenge and opted for a toothy grinned pumpkin instead. 


How did you spend your Halloween this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment