So, at the weekend I gave it another go. This time using one of Paul Hollywoods recipes from the BBC Food website.
Serves: 8 muffins
110g plain flour
65g caster sugar
1 1/2tsp baking powder
pinch of nutmeg
double cream to serve
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Slowly add the eggs and mix for 3 minutes
- Add the flour, baking powder and nutmeg - stir to combine
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably overnight (I probably left the mixture in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours in total)
- Place a spoonful of the muffin mixture into each case, filling each to just over half way
- Stud each muffin with approx 8 blueberries
- Bake in an oven set at 200ºc for 20 mins or until golden on top
When it came to eating them, I reheated mine for 30 seconds in the microwave and then dolloped a healthy serving of cream on top! Delish!
Do you have any tips for making muffins that look and taste like muffins, let me know in the comments below.