Tuesday 20 September 2016

RECIPE | BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

Confession! I've never successfully made muffins, that both looked and tasted like actual muffins.

So, at the weekend I gave it another go. This time using one of Paul Hollywoods recipes from the BBC Food website.



Serves: 8 muffins

Ingredients:
110g plain flour
110g butter
65g caster sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2tsp baking powder
125g blueberries
pinch of nutmeg

double cream to serve

Method:

  • Cream the butter and sugar together 
  • Slowly add the eggs and mix for 3 minutes 
  • Add the flour, baking powder and nutmeg - stir to combine
  • Refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably overnight (I probably left the mixture in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours in total)
  • Place a spoonful of the muffin mixture into each case, filling each to just over half way
  • Stud each muffin with approx 8 blueberries
  • Bake in an oven set at 200Âșc for 20 mins or until golden on top


To my surprise they actually turned out okay. I wouldn't say they were exactly like muffins but more like blueberry cupcakes. Nevertheless the recipe works and they taste really good!

When it came to eating them, I reheated mine for 30 seconds in the microwave and then dolloped a healthy serving of cream on top! Delish! 

Do you have any tips for making muffins that look and taste like muffins, let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment