Saturday 23 November 2013

Let the festivities begin!

So I know it's not even December yet but i've been super excited for Christmas this year and couldn't wait. I'm a pretty organized person anyway so didn't want to leave anything until the last minute. 


Luckily for me all of my friends are really festive and, like me, they absolutely love the Christmas season too! We've planned out our Christmas dinner and present exchanging date already. I can't wait for it. I'm not going to lie, i'm a big lover of food so Christmas dinner is always a bonus of this time of year.  



I do however thing it's wrong to be as desperate as I am to give everyone their presents already. It's too early right? 



Me and my best friend, Sarah, or Saz as she's known to us have spent the last couple of nights wrapping presents and I spent last weekend wrapping the family presents with my mum. (She's a super organized person, must be where I get it from!)



We bought our friend Henry's parents some presents as they do so much for us and are more like an older addition to the group rather than parents of one of them. They're so lovely and such fun to be around and we knew exactly what we wanted to get them. Alcohol and chocolate!



Then this year we've decided to group together to get presents for the 5 of us that are in our little 'group' of friends. It meant that we didn't all have to decide what to get everyone individually however it's proven ridiculously difficult to think of something for each person. Luckily I was given the easy person so have managed to almost completely finish them already. I got the member of our group that goes to uni, the only one! We thought the best thing we could do for her would be to get her a care box, but not the traditional non-perishable foods and all that, the cute stuff that she'll want rather than need. We were given a £60 budget (£15 from each person towards the present) and i've well and truly spent that. 


In the box we've put:

  • a pad of paper
  • a pack of biro pens
  • a book of 12 stamps
  • a packet of envelopes
  • 6 balls of knitting wool (She's a big fan of knitting! Who would've thought!)
  • chocolates
  • a student cook book
  • a frame with a picture of the 4 of us so she's always got us there
  • a pack of printed photographs
  • condoms - better safe than sorry!
  • silicone cupcake cases
  • 2 types of cupcake decorations
  • 4 hand written letters (one from each of us)


And believe it or not that all added up to £60 very quickly!


I can't wait for everyone to get their presents and just see what everyone thinks of everything. I also really want to know what i've got!! 


How cute is the wine bag. 


Eeep, I love christmas. I hope this has put you guys in the festive mood slightly or even given you an idea as to what to get someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment